Believe What You Like But Know What You Must

People are free to be consumed with contemplating their existence, their origins, the origins of the universe, supreme beings, controllers of destiny or anything else. But solving "the Great Mystery" is neither a requirement of being Ohnkwe Ohnwe nor does it provide a path to righteousness. I maintain that spirituality does not require faith or the leaps that faith requires but rather awareness. If it helps to believe that "God has a plan" and we just must have faith that "He" knows what "He" is doing, then walk that path. My interest is in taking the mystery out of life by pointing to the obvious that is ignored everyday in the midst of fanatical ideology and the sometimes not too subtle influences of promoting beliefs over knowledge. I have said it before: “beliefs are what you are told, knowledge is what you experience”. I support a culture that prepares us to receive knowledge and to live a life with purpose. I am certainly not suggesting there is only one way to do that.

"Let's Talk Native..." on the LTN Radio Network

"Let's Talk Native..." on the LTN Radio Network
Click the LTN Banner above for a link to the "Let's Talk Native…" feed on Unity Stream
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ ______________________________________________________________________

__________________________________________________________________________________________________ ________________________________________________________________________________

Donate to "Let's Talk Native"

Saturday, October 16, 2010

Again

Yesterday a cloud blocked the sun
I’m hurting so bad inside its hard to explain
I could tell in the dr’s eyes when he walked in the door that things aren’t gonna be normal anymore
And somehow I always end up with a losing score
All I could think of is my wife and kids and how all I want is the best for them
I put my head down as my wife cried she is truly my best friend
I have to fight I can't let this pull me down
My emotions are mixed as I tread these tears so I don’t drown
To my wife the strongest woman I know
The love of my life she makes me whole
She’s there for me like the sun
And in the dark she’s the stars in the sky
With her I will never turn and run
I’m truly lucky to be her guy
Again we are called to fight this
Again cancer is in our life
Again the chemo bags will drip
Again I will feel sick
Again I will lose my taste
Again my hair will lose its place
Again I will be weak
Again my soul will seek
Again I will have to be away from my family
Again WE will fight
Again WE WILL WIN
Lesten James White-Pigeon

1 comment:

carol j. said...

Lesten & Jess
I cannot imagine the fear & anxiety you feel, however, you must keep up the good fight for it is only that which will make you stronger. Because you have each other and so many supportive family members and friends, you can only WIN this battle. I'm sure you have plenty of things you'd like to do so lean toward those things as best you can and above ALL, trust the MAN upstairs for He knows you well!
My prayers are with you daily in this fight.